- Arbitration & ADR
- Asian Disputes
- Fund Disputes
- Insolvency & Resructuring
Sarah Masson is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution department in the British Virgin Islands. Prior to joining Appleby she was an associate in the litigation and arbitration group at DLA Piper in London.
She has extensive experience of major multijurisdictional commercial disputes. Sarah speaks fluent French.
Recent highlights include advising:
- A company involved in the worldwide import and export of steel products in its claim alleging breach of contract and fraudulent and/or negligent misrepresentation on the part of the defendant BVI company
- A West African bank defending a claim brought against it in the BVI by a BVI incorporated company headquartered in Switzerland
- A P&I insurer in respect of its claims in the insolvent liquidation in the BVI of an operator of bulk cargo ships
- A minority shareholder in a BVI company in an unfair prejudice action
- The representative of an oil pipeline consortium in an arbitration relating to an oil transportation agreement
London School of Economics and Political Sciences (England)